The American Institute prides itself with the quality of parents that form its community.
The Parents’ Association is very active in school life, supporting educational efforts for our students, as well as organizing activities that promote unity among the AIM community.
Serve as allies with the school in the education of our children, promoting participation, facilitating communication and creating a sense of community.
Enrich the experience of the AIM community, providing opportunities and spaces for learning and interacting, building an effective home-school alliance, based on trust and values.
Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Citizenship and Caring.
Code of Ethics
- Avoid conflict of interests
- Impact positively in our community, school and family
- Develop virtuous cycles of a values-laden environment
- There are no ranks, everyone is important
- There are no activities of greater or lesser value
- All actions are always done in good faith
- Exert positive leadership
- To be an efficient means of communication between the AIM and Parents
- To contribute to the balanced education of our children and integration of AIM families
- To promote a healthy coexistence and enthusiasm between the AIM, Parents and Children
- To emphasize the Values promoted by the AIM
- To follow the Code of Ethics, Code of Responsible Behavior and Conduct
- To be observant, recognize and act upon changes in our social environment
The Parents Association involves all parents, and is organized into different committees, formed by parent volunteers.
Executive Board: Formed by President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer, its aim is to serve as a link between AIM families and the school and promote participation in the school community. It organizes events, and selects and coordinates the different committees in charge of organizing and informing on the different activities planned during the year. It supports AIM families as needed, channeling their doubts to the corresponding departments within the school.
Coordinator Committee: In charge of the supporting classroom and generation coordinators of the different generations, who are in charge of informing parents and supporting families. In this manner, they serve as a communication channel where information flows in both directions.
Values Committee: Mom volunteers who, together with the school, coordinate the values program and the activities derived therein.
Events Committee: Plans, organizes and undertakes all events held during the school year.
Sports Committee: Supports coaches by facilitating communication between team coaches and parents.
Fine Arts Committee: Supports Fine Arts teachers in the different activities planned by the department.
For more information on becoming active in the Parents Association, contact the mom coordinator in your children’s classroom.