American Institute of Monterrey (AIM)
AIM Educational Services, S.A. of C.V.
- Perseverance No. 100, Col. Balcones del Valle, San Pedro Garza García, L.
- La República No. 300, Col. La Aurora, Santa Catarina, L.
- Humberto Junco Voigt No. 2305, Col. Del Valle Oriente, San Pedro Garza Garcìa, N.L
- Email: email@example.com
AIM is part of Inspired Education Holdings Limited, which is a UK registered company number 09268120 with its registered office at Sixth Floor, 3 Burlington Gardens, London, W1S 3EP, UK. Inspired operates numerous affiliate schools globally through its regional offices in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
In accordance with the Mexican Privacy Laws, this clause is intended to provide information on how we treat the personal data that you provide us.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at the address firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries regarding the processing of your personal data.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
We process personal data of our students and their families and/or legal representatives and also of our employees, candidates, suppliers, contractors, potential clients and third parties interested in learning more about AIM within the systems controlled by the School as owner of the database.
The personal data processed are mainly the following:
• Names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and other contact information;
• Family details;
• Child protection information (such as court orders and professional involvement)
• Education and employment data;
• Images, audio and video recordings, including CCTV footage (video images);
• Financial information;
• Educational centers previously served.
In the same way, sensitive information of parents or guardians may be processed, such as that related to medical history, employment references, financial and asset information, among others, which will be requested through the Identification Form and Scholarship Application, when it be requested.
In the case of a CV received through our website, for the purpose of including the candidate in the selection process or considering their candidacy for future positions, AIM collects information about candidates or employees when it is necessary to manage the selection process, to assess the suitability of the candidate for the position and for the recruitment and personnel management processes.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
AIM collects information in a variety of ways, including:
• Personally and by phone;
• Through our website;
• From paper documentation via email and hand delivery, including job applications, emails, invoices, letters and consent forms;
• Through online tools: such as apps, educational platforms and other software used by our staff;
• Through any closed circuit television camera located at our facilities or sites;
• Through third parties, such as arbitrators, professionals or authorities working with the individual;
4. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
AIM will process your data for the following purposes:
1. The enrollment, assessment, and education of students;
2. Communication of their children's academic and extracurricular performance;
3. Provision of all services and activities necessary for the balanced education of their children;
4. Contact and delivery of educational and administrative information;
5. Preparation of weekly, monthly and annual internal reports;
6. Keeping the student database updated;
7. Validation and accreditation of their children's studies in Mexico and internationally, and completion of the necessary procedures required by the corresponding educational authorities;
8. Establishment of a medical record on medications and other medical/health conditions your children may have in order to track them as needed, as well as to determine their fitness for participation in athletics or other extracurricular activities;
9. Enrollment of your children in a compulsory accident insurance policy;
10. Provision of home-school-home bus transportation;
11. Registration of your children in sporting and academic events, educational trips, cafeteria services and/or press services (including advertising through social networks);
12. Inclusion of their children in school yearbooks;
13. Participation in the Association of Parents of the American Institute of Monterrey and/or the Association of Former Students of the American Institute of Monterrey.
Unless you indicate otherwise, AIM may process your information for the following secondary purposes:
1. Contact you and invite you to participate in fundraising activities; to send electronic and physical communications and advertising for marketing and telemarketing purposes; as well as to invite you to participate in surveys, events, market research and contests.
2. Also, if you do not indicate otherwise, AIM may process student information regarding their image (photograph, video or other similar media) for secondary purposes, specifically for internal and external publications on the personal and academic history of students, their participation in school events as well as to promote AIM activities.
You may revoke your consent at any time by communicating it to the AIM Personal Data Department at the following email address: email@example.com.
5. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
As a School, we may be legally required to share personal information with other Inspired group companies for the same purposes listed above, or with relevant authorities or third parties as permitted by law, to comply with legal obligations or on the basis of a specific consent granted by the interested parties.
We will ensure that, where appropriate, contractual safeguards are in place to ensure the protection of your personal data when disclosing your personal data to a third party. For example, we will enter into data processing agreements with the relevant parties (which establish restrictions on the use of your personal data and obligations regarding the protection and security of your personal data).
The parties to which we may disclose your personal data, as mentioned above, may be located in countries outside of Mexico, including countries that do not have an adequate level of protection, in which case the processing of personal data will be carried out in accordance with the applicable legislation.
In such cases, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure adequate protection of your personal data in accordance with the data protection legislation cited.
Your personal data will not be transferred or sold to third parties.
6. Conservation of data
Personal information will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless for a longer time for public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes. Once the personal information is no longer required or permitted to be retained for legal or business purposes, it will be destroyed or made anonymous.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have rights regarding the processing of your personal data. These rights are, however, subject to certain exemptions and limitations.
You have the right to:
- Be informed, at the time when personal data is collected, about the data processing.
- Access the information we process and how we process it as well as to obtain a copy of the personal data considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Ask for the erasing of the personal data we hold about you without undue delay considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain the rectification of your personal data providing a supplementary statement;
- Obtain restriction of processing of your personal data when it is inaccurate, illegal, unnecessary or not verified, considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain data portability of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This allows the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data has been provided;
- Object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
- Withdraw consent at any time and freely to the processing of your personal data. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Therefore, in accordance with the provisions of the Law, data subjects will be able to exercise their rights through the procedure Subject Access Request (SAR) by sending a written specific request, along with a copy of their ID card, to the Data Protection Officer’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will have the right and possibility to withdraw your consent for any specific purpose granted at any given time without prejudice of the legality of processing according to the consent given before withdrawal.
9. STORING AND SECURING INFORMATION
The school shall use the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and privacy of the personal data, preventing from unauthorised access or unlawful processing as well as accidental loss, destruction or damage of the files.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you would like to discuss anything regarding this privacy notice, or you believe we are processing your personal data disregarding the data protection regulations in force, any claim can be sent to our Data Protection Officer email@example.com. or to the data protection authority, Instituto Nacional de Transparencia, Acceso a la Información y Protección de Datos Personales) (INAI) en el link: https://home.inai.org.mx/?page_id=3395.
11. PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
AIM may need to update this privacy notice periodically so we recommend that you review this information from time to time.
This version was last updated on February 2022.